"Donelson Diary" Archived Issues Now Online
On May 16, 1946, the very first edition of the Donelson Diary was published. The residents and neighborhood of Bluefields were prominently featured in that first edition, as well as in every edition that followed, throughout the Diary's many years of publication.
Not only were the founders of the Diary residents of Bluefields (managing editor Louis S. Clapper and advertising man John L. Oliver), the name Donelson Diary itself was supplied by Mrs. T. Elton Billings of Bluefield Ave. Sprinkled throughout the news and society sections are historic Bluefields names like Omohundro and Niederhauser... oh, and little 7-year-old David Pierce of Cumberland Circle (who, at the time the Diary launches, is having a terrible run of bad luck).
Also, don't miss "Clem's Clippings" - subtitled "Unusual Items, None Expected to Be Read." We're not entirely sure who Clem is or was, but seventy years later his column is still very entertaining and certainly worthy of being read by anyone interested in Donelson and Nashville history, when the war was over and Donelson was booming.